Srinagar, Aug 14, KDC: Union Home Minister Amit Shah said on Thursday that he spoke with Lieutenant Governor and Chief Minister of Jammu -Jammu and Kashmir to talk on a large -scale cloudburst to take stock of the situation in Kishtwar district, in which at least 12 people have been killed so far.
In a post on X, Shah stated that the local administration is conducting relief and rescue operations, while the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been taken to the affected site.
The Home Minister said, “We are closely monitoring the situation and stand firmly with the people of Jammu and Kashmir through every situation. The needy people have been assured of all possible assistance.”
Officials said that search and rescue efforts are underway in the affected areas, with the possibility that the toll may increase as many people are missing. (KDC)