Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Surinder Chaudhary on Friday visited the Jammu District Hospital to meet the victims of the installment cloudburst.
He recently called for restraint while discussing the number of deadly people after the tragedy, emphasizing that grief should not be measured only in number.
Speaking to reporters after the visit, Chaudhary said, “It is better if we do not discuss the number of deaths. Speaking about the injured, 49 are in wards and two are in ICUs.”
He said, “Is one or 50 left us, it’s a grief, and I believe it is not right to determine that grief. I pray to Ma Machal that those who are missing are safe and come back to their homes.”
Meanwhile, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Shagun Parihar visited the district hospital to investigate the victims of the installment cloudburst.
He said that rescue operations are in full swing, with NDRF and SDRF teams on site, which protect people from affected areas.
Talking to Annie, Parihar said, “A very tragic accident occurred. Yesterday, we tried to save people trapped in the debris. NDRF and SDRF teams were present there. We are trying to vacate more and more people from there and send them to the hospital.”
Sources said that the Air Force has prepared to participate in relief and rescue operations for disaster victims in the installment.
Currently, two Mi -17 helicopters and an advanced light helicopter (ALH) are on standby in Jammu and Udhampur. Operations will start as soon as the weather is favorable.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is also ready to leave for an installment on Friday to assess the damage caused by cloudburst and oversee the ongoing rescue operations. Abdullah said that their purpose is to review relief efforts and determine what will be required for further assistance for the affected people.
CM Omar Abdullah announced his adjacent journey through X, stating that he would leave for Kishtwar on Friday and visit the hit area by CloudBust on Saturday.
CM Abdullah posted about his visit to his X, saying, “I will leave for Kishtwar this afternoon and tomorrow morning will go to the scene of the tragedy of the cloud burst, to see that the first hand, damage limit. I will review the rescue operation and what help is needed further.”
Earlier in the day, CM Abdullah informed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on a large -scale cloudburst after a flash flood, killing more than 45 people and was followed by rescue operations.
PM Modi posted about the call on X and wrote, “Talked to Jammu and Kashmir LG, Mr. Manoj Sinha ji and CM Shri Omar Abdullah ji about the situation of flooding in the installment about the situation of condenser and floods.
CM Omar Abdullah also posted about the call with the PM on his X: “I only received a call from the Honorable PM Modi. I informed him about the status of the installment and the steps being taken by the administration. My government and this tragic cloudburst are grateful to his support and all assistance provided by the central government.”
On Thursday, a large -scale Claudbsts triggered a flash flood in the installment, Jammu and Kashmir, along with the route of Machal Mata Yatra, causing more than 45 people to die. Rescue operations in the area are in full swing, and tragedy victims are being treated in district hospitals. (AI)