Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Tuesday that “the sooner the ceasefire is, the better it is,” US President Donald Trump announced the ceasefire “.
Abdullah expressed relief at the move, highlighting heavy destruction during the 11 -day struggle. He also expressed concern for Indian students trapped due to the crisis and hoped that their withdrawal would be completed soon.
Talking to reporters, Omar Abdullah said, “The sooner the ceasefire is, the better it is. It has been 11 days. There has been a large -scale destruction in these 11 days. We want the ceasefire to come under influence as soon as possible, and have to face concern for us.
The conflict between Israel and Iran began on 13 June when East launched a massive air strikes at the Iranian military and nuclear sites, named “Operation Rising Lion”. In vengeance, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) launched a large -scale drone and missile campaign called ‘Operation True Promise 3’, targeting Israeli fighter jet fuel production facilities and energy supply centers.
Tensions went ahead after the US carried out an accurate airstrike on three major Iranian nuclear facilities under the “Operation Midnight Hammer” on Sunday morning. Iran retaliated by launching several missiles in American military establishments in Qatar and Iraq, including Al Udid Air Base in Qatar – the largest American military base in the region.
Abdullah further said that there was no local participation in the Pahgam terror attack in which 26 people were killed. He said that all the attackers were from outside, and two local people arrested by the NIA were possibly forced to help them.
He said that investigation is going on and a charge sheet will be filed soon.
“The biggest thing is that there was no local participation. People who used to shoot bullets and kill 26 people were from outside. Now, under an investigation by the NIA, two people have been arrested who have helped these people. Nia probably also said that these people were forced to help. They were forced to do so.
Earlier, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) had collected a large body of evidence about the identity of the terrorists involved in the Pahalgam terror attack, a release said.
The evidence collected includes eyewitness accounts of victims, video footage, technical evidence and sketches issued by Jammu and Kashmir Police.
All evidence is being carefully analyzed, and so far no concludes. Identification and further details will be made public at the appropriate time. (AI)