Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky connected ancient pro-democracy protests in Kyiv one decade in the past to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in 2022. Describing the demonstrations on Maidan sq. because the “first victory” of the conflict with Russia, he stated, “The first victory in today’s war took place. A victory against indifference. A victory of courage. The victory of the Revolution of Dignity.”
Ukraine marks the 10-year yearly of the months-long protest motion during which round 100 civilians died in violent clashes with safety forces in Kyiv. The immense protests resulted in the ouster of Kremlin-backed president Viktor Yanukovych. The Maidan protests erupted in past due 2013 when Viktor Yanukovych ditched a industry offer with the Eu Union.
Volodymyr Zelensky praised his nation’s move in opposition to gaining club to the Eu Union, pronouncing, “Year after year, step by step, we do our best to ensure that our star shines in the circle of stars on the EU flag, which symbolises the unity of the peoples of Europe. The star of Ukraine.”
This comes nearest the EU’s govt really helpful opening formal club talks with Ukraine. Eu Council president Charles Michel additionally arrived in Kyiv to turn his help as Ukraine marks the yearly of the protests.
“Good to be back in Kyiv – among friends,” Charles Michel on social media platform X (previously Twitter), posting an image of himself shaking fingers with the Eu Union’s ambassador to Ukraine, Katarina Mathernova, at Kyiv’s railway station.
What Russia stated on Maidan protests?
The Kremlin described Ukraine’s 2014 revolution as a foreign-sponsored coup which outlined Ukraine’s tide pro-Western political place.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov stated, “The fact that it was sponsored from abroad has been acknowledged, directly and indirectly, by representatives of foreign countries. That is no secret to anyone.”
For extra such articles and information, do secured our thelocalreport.in WhatsApp Group. You’ll be able to additionally secured with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for extra in regards to the automobile global!
- SSC JE 2023 final answer key released at ssc.nic.in; How to check | Jobs News
- Delhi Excise Policy: Manish Sisodia approaches Supreme Court for review of its order denying him bail in CBI, ED cases | India News
- Scheduling issues have cheapened India vs Australia T20I series, says Michael Hussey | Cricket News
- “Very Common Phenomenon”: China Amid Surge In Respiratory Illnesses
- Chandigarh: Woman arrested for placing webcam in bathroom of PG | Crime News
- India Must Take “Canada’s Allegations Seriously”: Trudeau After US Case
- India backs UN resolution calling upon Israel to withdraw from Golan Heights | India News
- How to stream Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour film online in December | Hollywood News
- PTSD risk hovers of Uttarkashi tunnel survivors, mental health therapist shares tips to deal with it | Mental Health News
- Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 30 November 2023 Virgo horoscope reading with Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs | Astrology News
- 4 DIY facials for grooms before marriage | Beauty Tips News
- Man pays with life after he records thieves stealing a coconut in Navi Mumbai | Crime News
- Is Animal 2 in the pipeline? Producer Bhushan Kumar drops exciting hint | Bollywood News
- How sniffer dog ‘Leo’ took just 90 minutes to find 6-year-old kidnapped boy in Mumbai | Crime News
- 2025 Chevrolet Suburban And Tahoe Get 17.7-Inch Touchscreen, Stronger Diesel
- Dinesh Karthik shines as TN beat Baroda in Vijay Hazare Trophy | Cricket News
- Rahu Kaal on 30 November 2023: Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and other cities | Astrology News
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO Allotment Finalised: Check GMP, Allotment Status
- AB de Villiers raises concern after RCB releases Hasaranga, Patel and Hazlewood | Cricket News
- “Very Exciting”: In A First, Newborn Star’s Spinning Disk Seen In Another Galaxy
- Zomato Rises 4% After 3 Million Shares Change Hands Via Block Deal; Key Points
- US Files Charges Against Indian Man For Alleged Bid To Kill Khalistani Terrorist
- Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2023-24: Complete schedule, teams, live streaming details and all you need to know | Kabaddi News