Uttarakhand tunnel collapse LIVE updates: In a small but significant victory for the administration, the rescuers were able to push a wider and more accommodating pipe through the rubble of the Uttarkashi tunnel collapse to make sure that the 41 trapped workers have access to more food, water and oxygen.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also took stock of the situation on Monday when he called Uttarakhand chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, ensuring all the support from the Centre to carry out the rescue operations. Meanwhile, the DRDO has also reached the crash site, launching mini-drones and robots to make sure that the operations are carried out smoothly.
The administration is currently carrying out a five-point plan to drill a rescue tunnel for the trapped workers. Vertical drilling will commence from three different points of the hill, reaching the trapped men in 2-3 days, as per the estimation given by Centre.
Uttarkashi’s under-construction Silkyara-Barkot tunnel collapsed on November 12, around 5:30am, trapping 41 workers in the rubble. The rescue operations are being carried out by NDRF, SDRF and other central and state bodies.
Follow all the updates here:
Nov 21, 2023 09:08 AM IST
Uttarakhand HC seeks response from Centre over tunnel collapse
Uttarakhand HC has given Centre 48 hours to issue a response regarding what measures have been taken to rescue the 41 workers trapped in the rubble of the tunnel collapse in Uttarkashi.
Nov 21, 2023 08:46 AM IST
Endoscopy camera leads to breakthrough in Uttarakhand tunnel crash
An endoscopy camera was used to navigate through the rubble and grab the first visuals of the trapped workers in the Uttarakhand tunnel collapse in 10 days.
Nov 21, 2023 08:22 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel LIVE: First images of trapped workers released
The first visuals of the 41 workers trapped inside the rubble was released by the rescue operatives after a six inch pipe was inserted through the crash to reach the trapped men.
Nov 21, 2023 07:48 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel crash LIVE: Rescue workers try to make contact with trapped men
The rescue workers on site have been trying to establish a clearer contact with the trapped men inside the rubble.
Nov 21, 2023 07:37 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel crash LIVE updates: Boring to resume soon
The horizontal boring and vertical drilling to build a 53 meter tunnel for rescuing trapped workers is set to resume soon. The procedure was halted after hitting a minor snag, for the safety of those trapped inside.
Nov 21, 2023 07:30 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel crash LIVE updates: 6-inch pipe inserted in rubble
In a small victory, a wider 6-inch pipe was inserted into the rubble to make sure that the supply of food, oxygen, water and medical supplies is increased for the 41 trapped workers.
Join Hindustan Times
Create free account and unlock exciting features likeNewsletters, Alerts and Recommendations Get personalised news and exciting deals Bookmark the stories you want to read later
- “To Have That…”: David Warner’s Wife Candice Breaks Silence After Mitchell Johnson Blasts Australia Star | Cricket News
- 71 Show Cause Notices Issued To Online Gaming Firms Involving GST Demand Of Rs 1.12 Lakh Cr: FinMin
- Gautam Adani becomes world’s 16th richest man! How Adani Group boss’ fortune changed in 1 week | Companies News
- Get Ready For BIGGEST Gmail Update To Stop Spam Mails For Users
- Upload Season 3 Episode 9 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- Beware With ‘Loan-Helping’ Scam! Noida Cops Nab Two From Fake Call Centre, Know Details Here
- “BJP Leaders Khalid Jehangir and Adv Sajid Yousuf Shah Extend Condolences and Solidarity at Moulvi Imran Raza Ansari’
- Young juveniles in Minnesota increasingly committing serious crimes: report
- Aamir Khan trapped in stormy rains of Chennai, actor found safe after 24 hours of efforts
- Wrestling Federation of India election date to be announced after December 8
- Spy X Family Season 2 Episode 9 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- Section 6A of Citizenship Act was a humanitarian measure: Supreme Court | India News
- “False, Ill-Informed…”: Apollo Hospitals Rubbishes “Cash For Kidneys” Report
- Despite seeing Shahrukh Khan, the soldier kept checking the documents, video is going viral
- KonoSuba Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- Ex-India Star Picks “24-Carat Gold” Player To Succeed Rohit Sharma As Test Captain | Cricket News
- Kalki Koechlin deletes X app from phone amid Palestine-Israel crisis, Sayani Gupta calls it ‘best cleanse ever’
- Year-End Offer: Mahindra Offers massive Discount on XUV300 and XUV400
- YouTuber who crashed plane as publicity stunt sentenced to six months in jail
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Menu and Prices
- “Neither before nor now…”: Shivraj Singh Chauhan on being a contender for the post of Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
- Bangladesh Coach Warns Against Complacency Ahead Of 2nd Test vs New Zealand | Cricket News
- Spur Steak Ranches Menu and Prices
- Apple Warns India’s EU-style Charger Rules Will Hit Local Production Target