“UnPrisoned,” an Onyx Collective dramedy executive produced by and starring Kerry Washington, has been renewed for a second season at Hulu.
The series, whose writers’ room for Season 2 is already up and running, follows a messy but perfectionist relationship therapist and single mom whose life is turned right-side-up when her dad gets out of prison and moves in with her and her teenage son.
The series is created by Tracy McMillan and inspired by her life. McMillan, Washington, Delroy Lindo, Yvette Lee Bowser, Joy Gorman Wettels and Jen Braeden and Simpson Street’s Pilar Savone executive produce.
In addition to Washington and Lindo, the show’s cast includes Marque Richardson, Faly Rakotohavana and Jordyn McIntosh.
The move comes as Washington has reupped her overall deal with ABC Signature, a part of Disney Television Studios. The exclusive 3-year-pact will see her continue to produce broadcast, cable and streaming projects through her Simpson Street banner, which has been with Disney Television Studios since the production company’s launch in 2016.
Simpson Street’s credits include the 2019 Emmy- nominated limited series “Little Fires Everywhere,” as well as HBO’s “Confirmation”, Netflix’s “American Son”, the Emmy award-winning ABC special, “Live in Front of a Studio Audience”, “The Fight,” “Street You Grew Up On,” and the Onyx Collective drama series “Reasonable Doubt,” which is executive produced and directed by Washington and now going into Season 2 at Hulu.
“Kerry is the gold standard for a what a multihyphenate should be—
passionate, prolific and endlessly kind. She, Pilar and the Simpson Street
team are incredible collaborators, and we’re so proud of our most recent
Onyx Collective/Hulu series UnPrisoned and Reasonable Doubt, as well as
our award-winning series Little Fires Everywhere,” ABC Signature executive vice president of creative affairs Tracy Underwood said in a statement. “We look forward to many more years of their unparalleled creativity and talent.”
Washington is repped by CAA, Washington Square Arts, The Lede Company,
and Gretchen Rush
More to come…
- India saw extreme weather events almost every day in first 9 months this year, 2923 killed: Report | India News
- SSC JE 2023 final answer key released at ssc.nic.in; How to check | Jobs News
- Delhi Excise Policy: Manish Sisodia approaches Supreme Court for review of its order denying him bail in CBI, ED cases | India News
- Scheduling issues have cheapened India vs Australia T20I series, says Michael Hussey | Cricket News
- “Very Common Phenomenon”: China Amid Surge In Respiratory Illnesses
- Chandigarh: Woman arrested for placing webcam in bathroom of PG | Crime News
- India Must Take “Canada’s Allegations Seriously”: Trudeau After US Case
- India backs UN resolution calling upon Israel to withdraw from Golan Heights | India News
- How to stream Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour film online in December | Hollywood News
- PTSD risk hovers of Uttarkashi tunnel survivors, mental health therapist shares tips to deal with it | Mental Health News
- Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 30 November 2023 Virgo horoscope reading with Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs | Astrology News
- 4 DIY facials for grooms before marriage | Beauty Tips News
- Man pays with life after he records thieves stealing a coconut in Navi Mumbai | Crime News
- Is Animal 2 in the pipeline? Producer Bhushan Kumar drops exciting hint | Bollywood News
- How sniffer dog ‘Leo’ took just 90 minutes to find 6-year-old kidnapped boy in Mumbai | Crime News
- 2025 Chevrolet Suburban And Tahoe Get 17.7-Inch Touchscreen, Stronger Diesel
- Dinesh Karthik shines as TN beat Baroda in Vijay Hazare Trophy | Cricket News
- Rahu Kaal on 30 November 2023: Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and other cities | Astrology News
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO Allotment Finalised: Check GMP, Allotment Status
- AB de Villiers raises concern after RCB releases Hasaranga, Patel and Hazlewood | Cricket News
- “Very Exciting”: In A First, Newborn Star’s Spinning Disk Seen In Another Galaxy
- Zomato Rises 4% After 3 Million Shares Change Hands Via Block Deal; Key Points
- US Files Charges Against Indian Man For Alleged Bid To Kill Khalistani Terrorist