These top 10 stories across the nation’s newspapers might interest you.
1. Labour Party demands cancellation of election results in trouble spots
The Labour Party has demanded the cancellation of polling units where voter intimidation, violence and other electoral offences marred Saturday’s governorship and house of assembly elections.Read more
2. Labour Party’s Rhodes-Vivour condemns attack on Lagos voters
The Labour Party gubernatorial candidate in Lagos, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, has sympathized with victims of attacks in Saturday’s governorship and house of assembly elections in the state.Read more
3. Election observers decry inadequate security presence as violence, vote-buying mar Nigeria’s elections
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) has decried the low number of security personnel deployed to polling units in the governorship and state house of assembly elections in the country.Read more
4. INEC postpones elections in two Rivers LGAs
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has shifted the governorship and state assembly elections in two local government areas of Rivers State to Sunday.Read more
5. KWARA: Low turnout of voters despite early arrival of INEC officials
There seems to be a low turnout of voters in Kwara State for the Governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state, despite the early arrival of INEC officials and materials.Read more
READ ALSO:Top 10 stories from across Nigerian Newspapers, Friday, 17th March, 2023
6. Labour Party guber candidate, Otti accuses INEC of result manipulation in Abia
The Labour Party governorship candidate in Abia State, Alex Otti, has accused Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of manipulating election results in the state.Read more
7. Emirates says 50% of its revenue trapped in Nigeria
Emirates, the Dubai-based airline, has announced that around 50% of its revenue is trapped in the country due to foreign exchange restrictions and a lack of access to dollars.Read more
8. Police recovers snatched ballot boxes, weapons in Lagos
Police operatives in Lagos have recovered weapons, ballot boxes, and sensitive materials snatched by some suspected thugs during Saturday’s governorship and house of assembly elections in the state.Read more
9. UPDATED: EFCC arrests 65 suspected vote-buyers in 8 states
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested 65 suspected vote-buyers during Saturday’s governorship and houses of assembly elections in the country.Read more
10. EPL: Everton frustrate Chelsea as Leicester end losing streak with Brentford draw
Chelsea were held to a 2-2 draw by Everton in a Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday night.Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, hold up solutions journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism driven by data comes at huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leadership accountable and will not trade the right to press freedom and free speech for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do, and are ready to uphold solutions journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria cause.
Your support would help to ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for societal development.