Sarah Ferguson left Dermot O’Leary and Alison Hammond in stitches with her very blunt relationship advice on This Morning.
The Duchess of York joined the co-hosts as a presenter and guest editor for Monday’s episode of the ITV daytime show and she a very candid suggestion for a caller wanting to bring the spark back to her marriage.
Using the fake name Susanne, the viewer admitted her partner might be feeling a bit left out with them both being so career driven, while she gave birth during lockdown.
Sarah urged the caller to ‘surprise’ her man, adding: ‘Pop down and get a lovely saucy underwear department in your chest of drawers, you really make the hair – blow dry the hair.
‘And then have a lovely – take him out on a treat. It needs to be more treats, that he’s lost for words. So you say to him, “Don’t worry tonight darling, we are gonna pop off somewhere”, and you’ve arranged the whole thing and it’s all organised.
‘It’s the element of surprise and it will bring the magic back into your relationship.’
‘Susanne’ admitted it was ‘really good advice’, and quipped that she needs to ‘stop letting my little boy run our marriage really’.
Sarah added: ‘The good news is that you’re addressing it. You’ve got this, Susanne, and I’m so proud of you calling today and being so brave.
‘Well done you! Now get that sexy underwear out!’
‘I will,’ the caller vowed. ‘As soon as I’ve finished work, I’ll get on Ann Summers, I promise!’
Dermot and Alison collapsed laughing at the very frank exchange, loving the advice the duchess was dishing out.
‘Good on ya,’ she told the caller, while Dermot asked Sarah: ‘Can you come every day please?!’
Before the programme’s properly got underwear, Sarah appeared behind the scenes and said: “I’m joining the family as co-host – fluff – alongside Alison and Dermot.
‘And as guest editor for the day I’ve been working with the brilliant team behind the scenes to bring you some of the topics I’m most passionate about.’
Her first task was to go through stories in the newspapers with her co-hosts and guest Gyles Brandreth, and the discussion turned to I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
The duchess was quizzed about whether she had been approached to appear in the programme, and replied ‘every single year’, insisting she wouldn’t head to the jungle, laughing: ‘No, no ! I think my life has been one wonderful challenge!’
This Morning airs weekdays at 10am on ITV1.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us email@example.com, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
- Lung cancer: Expert says most suitable treatment depends on stage of disease, know treatment options | Health News
- India saw extreme weather events almost every day in first 9 months this year, 2923 killed: Report | India News
- SSC JE 2023 final answer key released at ssc.nic.in; How to check | Jobs News
- Delhi Excise Policy: Manish Sisodia approaches Supreme Court for review of its order denying him bail in CBI, ED cases | India News
- Scheduling issues have cheapened India vs Australia T20I series, says Michael Hussey | Cricket News
- “Very Common Phenomenon”: China Amid Surge In Respiratory Illnesses
- Chandigarh: Woman arrested for placing webcam in bathroom of PG | Crime News
- India Must Take “Canada’s Allegations Seriously”: Trudeau After US Case
- India backs UN resolution calling upon Israel to withdraw from Golan Heights | India News
- How to stream Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour film online in December | Hollywood News
- PTSD risk hovers of Uttarkashi tunnel survivors, mental health therapist shares tips to deal with it | Mental Health News
- Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 30 November 2023 Virgo horoscope reading with Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs | Astrology News
- 4 DIY facials for grooms before marriage | Beauty Tips News
- Man pays with life after he records thieves stealing a coconut in Navi Mumbai | Crime News
- Is Animal 2 in the pipeline? Producer Bhushan Kumar drops exciting hint | Bollywood News
- How sniffer dog ‘Leo’ took just 90 minutes to find 6-year-old kidnapped boy in Mumbai | Crime News
- 2025 Chevrolet Suburban And Tahoe Get 17.7-Inch Touchscreen, Stronger Diesel
- Dinesh Karthik shines as TN beat Baroda in Vijay Hazare Trophy | Cricket News
- Rahu Kaal on 30 November 2023: Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and other cities | Astrology News
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO Allotment Finalised: Check GMP, Allotment Status
- AB de Villiers raises concern after RCB releases Hasaranga, Patel and Hazlewood | Cricket News
- “Very Exciting”: In A First, Newborn Star’s Spinning Disk Seen In Another Galaxy
- Zomato Rises 4% After 3 Million Shares Change Hands Via Block Deal; Key Points