Here are the top 10 Points in this big story:
The Centre has devised a five-option action plan that involve drilling from three sides to access the trapped workers. Five different agencies have been tasked with carrying out each operation.
Two tunnels will be drilled horizontally from the right and left sides of the main tunnel, while a vertical shaft will be drilled from the top of the tunnel. The workers have been trapped in a 400-metre buffer zone of the unfinished main tunnel since November 12.
The big challenge is finding space for the multiple drilling machines needed in the hilly terrain and the time-consuming job of building motorable roads, which has started.
Currently, a single machine is operating in the area, clearing the way for a heavier machine. Workers are also building a ramp from the main tunnel’s entrance to its roof to transport the heavier machine.
This morning, a wider pipe was brought and is currently being installed. This will allow rescuers to deliver a wider variety of food and medicine to the trapped people. Earlier, only dry fruits could be sent in. With the new pipe, the authorities will be able to provide more substantial meals.
Today, an international tunnelling expert team arrived ta the spot. International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association president Arnold Dix is overseeing the operations. A robotics team from defence research organization DRDO has also reached.
Over the last week, several plans to cut through the 40-meter rock wall fell through. It had also backfired twice, bringing down more rocks and rubble from the unplastered roof, extending the depth of the rock wall from around 40 to over 70 meters.
The last rock-fall took place on Friday, when attempts were made to use an American Auger drill flown in from Delhi. The drill machine that was being used before that, had broken down and work had to be stopped till the new one reached.
Initially the plan was to cut through the rock wall and insert a pipe with a width of around 3 feet through which the people could be evacuated. But after repeated rockfalls, the authorities decided on a radically different approach.
On November 12, a portion of the 4.5-km tunnel on the Brahmakhal-Yamunotri National Highway has collapsed, trapping 41 workers. The tunnel — meant to join Silkyara and Dandalgaon in Uttarkashi — is part of the Char Dham project.
Post a comment
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News
- Little Pine Menu and Prices
- This Hotter RS6 Avant Will Be The Ultimate Audi Wagon In The ICE Era
- A man was stealing python eggs when the ferocious creature attacked him fiercely.
- Did you know Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal was shot at brother-in-law Saif Ali Khan’s Pataudi Palace? Pics inside
- Hardik Pandya Is “Rare Talent, He Is Rarely Seen On Ground”: Ex-India Star’s Epic Trolling Of All-rounder | Cricket News
- Top 7 Excellent Restaurants In Bath: Best Places To Eat
- Royal Enfield Launches Reown Initiative, Pre-Owned Bike Programe, Check Details
- Nepal Urges Russia Not To Recruit Its Citizens Into Army After 6 Killed
- Eat this one thing every day mixed with honey, in 15 days the glasses you have been wearing for years will come off, your eyesight will improve.
- Amid Row With David Warner, Mitchell Johnson Hits Out At Australia Selector For ‘Disgusting’ Dig On His Mental Health | Cricket News
- Love Has Won Episode 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- How GPAI Summit in Delhi will Focus on Deepfake, Reshape Future of AI, NeGD Chief Provides Insights
- Siberia Freezes In Temperatures Below -58 Degrees Celsius
- Beware Of Their Divisive Agenda: PM Modi On Excuses Of ‘Ecosystem’ On BJP’s Assembly Polls Win
- “It is not right to consider relations with Russia as an obstacle for India”: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar
- Kawasaki Likely To Launch W175 At India Bike Week 2023
- Top Places To Visit In Hudson Valley, New York: All You Need To Know
- Middle Class Masala: Inflation’s Spicy Twist In 2024, Food Prices To Go Down Or Rise?
- Climate Change To Wipe Out Glaciers On Mt Kilimanjaro By 2040: Global Body
- Mughal Road Closed Due To ‘Avalanche
- “Rahul Gandhi should go to the mountains, lie down on the snow”: BJP MPs give advice