Sun. Aug 31st, 2025

Putin, on a possible peace deal with Zelancesi, says, “Signature should come from valid authorities.”

Putin, on a possible peace deal with Zelancesi, says, "Signature should come from valid authorities."

RT said that Russian President Vladimir Putin has expressed doubts about the right to sign a treaty of Ukrainian President Volodimare Zelanski, while it shows that he was open to meet him for peace talks, RT said.

The Russian President said on Wednesday, “The signature should come from the valid authorities.”
Zelansky repeatedly called for a meeting with Putin, stating that he could suppress bilateral issues alone, including the dispute over the region. However, while speaking to the international media at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, Putin expressed concern over the validity of the Ukrainian leader.

RT quoted Putin as saying, “If the Ukrainian state handeds someone to interact on its behalf, suit yourself, let it be Zelanceci. The question is who are the signing of the document?”

Zelansky’s presidential post ended officially last year, and no heir was elected as Marshall Law was implemented. Zelancesi argues that he may remain in office under the current circumstances, although the Ukrainian Constitution states that the powers of the President should be transferred to the Speaker of Parliament in such a case.

RT quoted Putin as saying, “In a preacher, a person can say anything about the validity of the current officers, but we care about the legal aspects and do not campaign while dealing with serious issues.”

He also said that since many Ukrainian authorities are appointed by the President, Zelansky’s suspected legal status doubts the rights of people under them.

RT told Putin, saying, “But the signature should come from the valid authorities. Otherwise, whoever comes after him will toss it on the dumpster. It is not a way to do a serious business.”

ALSO READ  Indian Army retaliated against Pakistan firing unhappy small arms

Despite these concerns on validity, Russia has returned the remains of 1,212 Ukrainian soldiers in the latest exchange with Kiev, RT described the official Vladimir Medinski of Kremlin.

The bodies recovered from many front-line areas mark a continuous effort in human coordination between the two countries.

According to RT, Ukrainian Coordination Headquarters announced the first transfer for the treatment of war prisoners.

With the Kharkiv region of Ukraine, residues were recovered from Russia’s Cursa, Donnetsk, Lugonsk, Kherson and Zaporozhi regions. No personal identity was released. Meanwhile, Russia received the remains of its 27 soldiers during the exchange.

RT further stated that Moscow’s chief negotiator Medinski said on Telegram that the two sides agreed to start “immediate sanitary exchanges”, including the seriously injured prisoners of the war. He insisted on Russia’s commitment, saying, “Russia does not leave its people.”

The exchange discussed in Istanbul earlier this month. According to RT, Moscow had earlier offered to return more than 6,000 Ukrainian bodies, but accused Kiev of delaying approval. Despite the logistics failures, Russian Lieutenant General Alexandra Zorin confirmed Moscow’s intention to maintain the agreement, calling it “purely human action”. (AI)

By Web Desk

Web Desk is a dedicated team of authors and editors working for the website thelocalreport.in. This team is responsible for the daily editing and writing of articles, ensuring a steady flow of content that engages readers and keeps them informed. Their efforts contribute to the website's mission of delivering timely news and insightful commentary on various topics.

Related Post