Pictures of badminton legend Prakash Padukone with daughter and actor Deepika Padukone at the cricket World Cup final yesterday sparked an intense debate on social media.
Several badminton fans flagged posts referring to Mr Padukone as “Deepika Padukone’s father”, pointing out that he is a legend in his own right. Others disagreed and said Mr Padukone would be proud to be referred to as Deepika’s father.
Mr Padukone accompanied daughter Deepika and son-in-law, actor Ranveer Singh, to Narendra Modi stadium in Ahmedabad for the India vs Australia World Cup final yesterday. Team India lost the match by six wickets, its only World Cup defeat after 10 wins in a row.
Badminton fans posted ‘corrected’ versions of the caption, adding Prakash Padukone’s name. Author Arnab Ray commented that it’s a “sad day when Prakash Padukone has to be introduced as merely ‘Deepika Padukone’s father’.
It’s a sad day when Prakash Padukone has to be introduced as merely “Deepika Padukone’s father”. https://t.co/eX5oAuDkEY— Arnab Ray (@greatbong) November 19, 2023
Others disagreed and said an unnecessary fuss is being created. “I don’t understand this fuss! I am sure Prakash Padukone is immensely proud of his daughter and this introduction!” a user wrote.
I don’t understand this fuss! I am sure Prakash Padukone is immensely proud of his daughter and this introduction! https://t.co/VVn2Wgrt1Y— Priyanka Pani (@aaravmeanspeace) November 19, 2023
Mr Padukone, now 68, was ranked World No.1 in badminton in 1980. That year, he also became the first Indian to win All England Open Badminton Championships. He is a recipient of the Padma Shri. He later co-founded a not-for-profit with snooker legend Geet Sethi to create better opportunities for Indian athletes to compete at the global level.
- How to stream Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour film online in December | Hollywood News
- PTSD risk hovers of Uttarkashi tunnel survivors, mental health therapist shares tips to deal with it | Mental Health News
- Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 30 November 2023 Virgo horoscope reading with Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs | Astrology News
- 4 DIY facials for grooms before marriage | Beauty Tips News
- Man pays with life after he records thieves stealing a coconut in Navi Mumbai | Crime News
- Is Animal 2 in the pipeline? Producer Bhushan Kumar drops exciting hint | Bollywood News
- How sniffer dog ‘Leo’ took just 90 minutes to find 6-year-old kidnapped boy in Mumbai | Crime News
- 2025 Chevrolet Suburban And Tahoe Get 17.7-Inch Touchscreen, Stronger Diesel
- Dinesh Karthik shines as TN beat Baroda in Vijay Hazare Trophy | Cricket News
- Rahu Kaal on 30 November 2023: Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and other cities | Astrology News
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO Allotment Finalised: Check GMP, Allotment Status
- AB de Villiers raises concern after RCB releases Hasaranga, Patel and Hazlewood | Cricket News
- “Very Exciting”: In A First, Newborn Star’s Spinning Disk Seen In Another Galaxy
- Zomato Rises 4% After 3 Million Shares Change Hands Via Block Deal; Key Points
- US Files Charges Against Indian Man For Alleged Bid To Kill Khalistani Terrorist
- Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2023-24: Complete schedule, teams, live streaming details and all you need to know | Kabaddi News
- Disclaimer On YouTube For Altered Content: Google Moves To Curb Deepfakes
- Sebi Proposes Changes In Regulatory Framework For Special Situation Funds
- US Sanctions Cryptocurrency Mixer Sinbad Over North Korea Ties
- How to see your Spotify Wrapped 2023 | Entertainment News
- “No Sense Of Fatigue” When It Comes To Support For Ukraine, Says Blinken
- Income Tax Department Conducts Survey at Some Entities of Hinduja Group
- “It’s Only Here That I Feel Good”: Gaza Families Return To Home In Ruins