Srinagar, August 14, KDC: In Budgam, the police have recently taken preventive action against eleven persons against eleven persons to use social media to incite public sentiment in connection with the Ichgam incident.
An FIR has already been registered about the incident and is under investigation. The police had earlier issued a warning to the public not to share the video or any provocative material related to the case. Despite these warnings, the district’s social media monitoring team found that some people were broadcasting inflammatory videos and posts with the aim of harassing communal and communal harmony.
In a statement Kashmir.comA police spokesperson said that individuals were found deliberately posting social media content to create tension among communities. Keeping in mind the danger for public peace, preventive custody has been taken under the relevant provisions of BNS.
The statement said, “The Budgam police once again take care that sharing of uneven, provocative, or frightening materials on social media related to the incident will take strict legal action. Citizens are urged to do the work online and cooperate in maintaining peace in the area.” (KDC)