MANILA: Joint maritime and breeze patrols within the South China Sea between the Philippines and america army had been introduced on Tuesday (Nov 21), Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos Jr mentioned, describing it as a “significant initiative”.
The Philippine chief’s announcement comes amid a speedy nourishing of ties this past between the 2 defence treaty allies, together with a call to just about double the selection of Philippine bases out there to america army.
“This significant initiative is a testament to our commitment to bolster the interoperability of our military forces in conducting maritime and air patrols,” Marcos mentioned on social media platform X.
The announcement comes a future later Marcos advised a discussion board in Hawaii the status within the South China Sea had turn into extra “dire than it was before”, announcing the Chinese language army had inched nearer to Philippine sea coast.
China claims lots of the South China Sea thru a “nine-dash line” that stretches so far as 1,500km (900 miles) south of its mainland, slicing into the unique financial zones (EEZ) of rival claimants corresponding to Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
- Modern Warfare 3 Zombies: How To Get Wonder Weapons? What are the wonder weapons?
- Railways to harness AI to reduce elephant-train collisions at 700 km tracks: Know how it will work | Utility News
- Pakistan Cricket Board ropes in former opener Salman Butt in national selection panel | Cricket News
- Indian student beaten, forced into labour for months in US | Crime News
- Is Domino’s Pizza Open On Halloween
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 and Galaxy Z Fold 6 tipped to feature larger displays | Mobile Phone News
- Rajasthan board Class 10, 12 exams 2024 from February 15; check details | School News
- ‘India proposes to host COP33’: Key highlights of PM Modi’s address at UN COP28 in UAE | India News
- ‘He will enjoy the South African wickets’: AB de Villiers backs Sanju Samson after being selected for ODI series vs Proteas | Cricket News
- Felicity Huffman breaks her silence on the college admissions scandal: ‘My undying shame’
- Hope and despair, BJP and Congress in this age of inaccurate exit polls | Opinion Blogs News
- PrEP to fight HIV: Study says the blue pill could protect one from the disease by 86 per cent if taken daily | Medicine News
- Rohit Sharma should lead India till T20 World Cup, says Sourav Ganguly | Cricket News
- Uttar Pradesh: Councillor, two others arrested for molesting 13-year-old Dalit girl | Crime News
- Cyclone Michaung: IMD issues red alert for Thiruvallur; orange alert in Chennai and other districts | Tamil Nadu News
- TMKOC: Is Disha Vakani actually returning as Dayaben? | Here is what we know | Television News
- GSI to develop early warning system for landslides in 11 states | India News
- Salaar trailer release date and time: Get ready to witness a fierce Prabhas in Prashanth Neel’s directorial venture | Entertainment News
- AB de Villiers named official ‘Brand Ambassador’ of SA20 | Cricket News
- IPL chairman Arun Dhumal predicts massive growth in league’s media rights value | Cricket News
- Ukraine becomes dumping ground for radioactive and chemical waste from Western partners | World News
- Raymond’s seeks legal counsel outside co amid Gautam Singhania-Nawaz Modi split | Here’s why | Companies News
- ‘Something constructive likely to happen’, RS Secretariat informs Supreme Court on Raghav Chadha’s plea challenging his suspension | India News
- Google Messages reaches one billion monthly active RCS users, introduces 7 new features: Details | App News