It’s time to declare a pop emergency because it looks as though the long-awaited Girls Aloud reunion is finally on.
Earlier this month, fans of the chart-topping British girl group went into overdrive when it was widely reported in the press that Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts, Cheryl Tweedy and Kimberley Walsh were coming together for the first time in a decade to release new music.
According to The Sun, the four-piece recently recorded vocals on a new track that would pay tribute to their late bandmate Sarah Harding, who died from breast cancer in 2021.
While initially the band remained tight-lipped on the rumours, Nicola appeared to be teasing that something was brewing with an Instagram post on Sunday evening.
The former Masked Singer champion’s post contained a cryptic number “4” being projected onto a drive-through cinema, alluding to Girls Aloud’s iconic music video for their number one hit The Promise.
And it didn’t take long for fans to put two and two together and make… well… you know…
The Sun previously claimed that a superhero-themed music video for Girls Aloud’s comeback single has already been shot, with a 2024 tour apparently in the pipeline.
HuffPost UK contacted Girls Aloud’s team for comment when the reunion rumours first began circulating earlier this month, but did not receive a response.
Last year, Nadine, Nicola, Cheryl and Kimberley all reunited to honour late bandmate Sarah and raise money at the The Primrose Ball for The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and Cancer Research UK, as part of The Sarah Harding Breast Cancer Appeal.
When asked last year if a full-scale Girls Aloud reunion could be a possibility, Cheryl said at the time: “It hasn’t even been a year. It doesn’t feel like she’s gone at all.”
She added: “To be honest, I’ve never experienced or anticipated this grief.”
- India Aim For Better Returns Against England In Women’s T20I Series | Cricket News
- Maria Martin Pdeath Cause And Obituary : Groundbreaking Journalist Of Usa Died At 72
- Deepika Padukone as Squadron leader Minal Rathore in Hrithik Roshan’s Fighter | Check out intense poster | Bollywood News
- “Thought It Was An iPhone”: Thieves Return Stolen Android Phone To Shocked US Couple
- KCR had set out to win India, ‘Haath’ snatched his place
- “Didn’t Remove Virat Kohli From Captaincy”: Former BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, Says “He Wasn’t…” | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In New Orleans, Louisiana: Best Places To Stay
- US Army Officer Breaks Guinness World Record For Burpee Pull-Ups
- India to Witness 42 Crore Air Travelers by 2030, Confirms Aviation Minister
- Make roti by mixing 1 spoon of this spice in millet flour, uric acid will be controlled in 15 days.
- Pakistan’s Tour Goes From Bad To Worse As Ex-Captain, Junior Argue. Watch | Cricket News
- Sam Bahadur box office collection day 4: Vicky Kaushal film stays steady on first Monday, mints ₹3.5 cr
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin