SEOUL: North Korea on Monday (Nov 20) denounced the United States’ potential sale of advanced weapons to Japan and South Korea, calling it a dangerous act that raises tension in the region and brings a new arms race, state media reported.
In a statement carried by the KCNA news agency, the North’s defence ministry said Pyongyang will step up measures to establish war deterrence to respond to instability in the region which it said was caused by the United States and its allies.
Japan plans to buy 400 Tomahawk missiles from the United States, part of its biggest military build-up since World War II. The Pentagon said on Friday that the US State Department has approved the potential sale in a deal valued at US$2.35 billion.
The United States has also recently announced the approval of a possible sale of Sidewinder missiles and the Standard Missile 6 Block I to South Korea.
“We warn that the more the United States profits from indiscriminate arms sales, the more it would have to pay for the security crisis,” North Korea’s statement said.
Pyongyang has been criticising what it called “military threats” from the United States and its allies, saying it would demonstrate “more offensive and overwhelming counteraction capabilities” in response.
On Wednesday, North Korea said it had successfully conducted static tests of “new-type high-thrust solid-fuel engines” for intermediate-range ballistic missiles (IRBMs), which it said were essential for enhancing its military’s strategic offensive capabilities.
- Year-End Offer: Mahindra Offers massive Discount on XUV300 and XUV400
- YouTuber who crashed plane as publicity stunt sentenced to six months in jail
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Menu and Prices
- “Neither before nor now…”: Shivraj Singh Chauhan on being a contender for the post of Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
- Bangladesh Coach Warns Against Complacency Ahead Of 2nd Test vs New Zealand | Cricket News
- Spur Steak Ranches Menu and Prices
- Apple Warns India’s EU-style Charger Rules Will Hit Local Production Target
- Newlywed Bride Killed By Shark While Paddleboarding In Bahamas A Day After Her Wedding
- Portable blenders are a kitchen necessity, Amazon is offering up to 75% discount on them.
- Shikhar Dhawan Turns 38: Reliving The Career Highlights Of Indian Team’s ‘Gabbar’ | Cricket News
- Buffalo Wild Wings Breakfast Menu Prices & Hours
- Gautam Adani’s Wealth Soars By $10 Bn In A Week, Takes 16th Rank In Global Rich List
- GTA 6 trailer gets over 59m views in 12 hours, here’s what you may have missed
- Chilling footage shows Florida honors student lurking over mom’s bed moments before he allegedly stabbed her to death
- These are the top 5 deals on branded men’s wallet available on Amazon, up to 80% discount is available.
- India Aim For Better Returns Against England In Women’s T20I Series | Cricket News
- Maria Martin Pdeath Cause And Obituary : Groundbreaking Journalist Of Usa Died At 72
- Deepika Padukone as Squadron leader Minal Rathore in Hrithik Roshan’s Fighter | Check out intense poster | Bollywood News
- “Thought It Was An iPhone”: Thieves Return Stolen Android Phone To Shocked US Couple
- KCR had set out to win India, ‘Haath’ snatched his place
- “Didn’t Remove Virat Kohli From Captaincy”: Former BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, Says “He Wasn’t…” | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In New Orleans, Louisiana: Best Places To Stay
- US Army Officer Breaks Guinness World Record For Burpee Pull-Ups
- India to Witness 42 Crore Air Travelers by 2030, Confirms Aviation Minister