Days after a video of the Kartarpur Project Management Unit holding a dance party on the premises of the Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan’s Punjab province surfaced online, the authorities on Monday dismissed the report that participants drank liquor and ate non-vegetarian food at the gathering.
Two PMU officials on Monday told PTI that alcoholic beverages were not served or there was no dance at the reception held on November 18.
The officials said the viral video which showed alcohol at the dinner party “must have been doctored for propaganda purposes”.
“A girl was singing a Ghazal in the event and the video was doctored for ulterior motives,” one of the officials said.
The officials also clarified that the dinner reception was held about two kilometres from the Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in the Project Management Unit (PMU) complex.
Inaugurated on November 9, 2019, on the eve of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak, the first Guru of Sikhism, Kartarpur has a special significance in the Sikh religion as Guru Nanak had spent the last years of his life at the place.
Separately, the PMU in a statement said a dinner reception was held last weekend for stakeholders for the development of Phase-II of Kartapur and providing better facilities to the visitors.
“On Saturday night (November 18) the PMU hosted an informal dinner at Kartarpur in which heads or their representatives of all important government departments of district Narowal, including the judiciary, district administration, police, Rangers, Customs, Anti-Narcotics officials and journalists attended the dinner, the PMU said in the statement.
It said the purpose of the event was to enhance coordination and cooperation among all departments/stakeholders concerned with the deployment of Phase II of Kartarpur.
It said the deputy commissioner Narowal and all other participants assured of their complete cooperation and role in further development of Kartarpur and religious tourism.
The visa-free Kartarpur corridor links Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan to Dera Baba Nanak shrine in Punjab’s Gurdaspur district.
The crossing allows devotees from India to visit Gurdwara Darbar Sahib, Narowal, some 130 km from Lahore in Pakistan, from Gurudwara Dera Baba Nanak, Gurdaspur district, Punjab, India.
The gurdwara in Kartarpur is 4.7 kilometres from the India-Pakistan border on the Pakistani side. PTI MZ PY PY PY
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Delhi Excise Policy: Manish Sisodia approaches Supreme Court for review of its order denying him bail in CBI, ED cases | India News
- Scheduling issues have cheapened India vs Australia T20I series, says Michael Hussey | Cricket News
- “Very Common Phenomenon”: China Amid Surge In Respiratory Illnesses
- Chandigarh: Woman arrested for placing webcam in bathroom of PG | Crime News
- India Must Take “Canada’s Allegations Seriously”: Trudeau After US Case
- India backs UN resolution calling upon Israel to withdraw from Golan Heights | India News
- How to stream Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour film online in December | Hollywood News
- PTSD risk hovers of Uttarkashi tunnel survivors, mental health therapist shares tips to deal with it | Mental Health News
- Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 30 November 2023 Virgo horoscope reading with Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs | Astrology News
- 4 DIY facials for grooms before marriage | Beauty Tips News
- Man pays with life after he records thieves stealing a coconut in Navi Mumbai | Crime News
- Is Animal 2 in the pipeline? Producer Bhushan Kumar drops exciting hint | Bollywood News
- How sniffer dog ‘Leo’ took just 90 minutes to find 6-year-old kidnapped boy in Mumbai | Crime News
- 2025 Chevrolet Suburban And Tahoe Get 17.7-Inch Touchscreen, Stronger Diesel
- Dinesh Karthik shines as TN beat Baroda in Vijay Hazare Trophy | Cricket News
- Rahu Kaal on 30 November 2023: Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and other cities | Astrology News
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO Allotment Finalised: Check GMP, Allotment Status
- AB de Villiers raises concern after RCB releases Hasaranga, Patel and Hazlewood | Cricket News
- “Very Exciting”: In A First, Newborn Star’s Spinning Disk Seen In Another Galaxy
- Zomato Rises 4% After 3 Million Shares Change Hands Via Block Deal; Key Points
- US Files Charges Against Indian Man For Alleged Bid To Kill Khalistani Terrorist
- Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2023-24: Complete schedule, teams, live streaming details and all you need to know | Kabaddi News
- Disclaimer On YouTube For Altered Content: Google Moves To Curb Deepfakes