Sun. Aug 31st, 2025

Man arrested in a don raid after sharing Facebook post supporting Palestine Action

A man who shared the post on his Facebook page Palestine Action It is told how he was run by the police from his bed and was arrested on suspicion of breaking terrorist laws in a terrible dawn raid.

A part -time cleaner, 52 -year -old Matt Cobbing, now facing a possible life -changing criminal allegations after becoming the latest member of the public to fall out of dishonesty for controversial verdict Ban the direct-action group,

They told Independent The arrest at his house in Hinkle, Lecesterreshire, “blowed my mind completely” after handcuffs on Wednesday morning and taken to a police station “.

Mr. Cob, who has 2,200 followers on the Facebook page, said that he had never participated in the performance or was a member of Palestine Action – Now A. The terrorist organization prosecuted.

After his arrest comes after more 500 peaceful protesters The group supported the group was arrested earlier this month in a demonstration at Square.

Shami Chakrabarti, A former Shadow Attorney General and Civil Liberty Pracharak, said that Mr. Cob’s arrest threatened the public trust in policing and demonstrated the danger of the ongoing ban, which means showing support for the group is a 14 -year jail sentence. Palestine Action has won permission in the High Court to challenge the law.

Baronic Shami Chakraborty said that Ban has given public faith in policing by consenting in danger

Baronic Shami Chakraborty said that Ban has given public faith in policing by consenting in danger ,Country,

Labor Peer said: “Don bedroom raid [like this] Highlight the dangers of the ongoing prosecution of Palestinian action. Public trust and consent are in danger with policing, while we rule the validity of the ban in waiting for the high courts. Whatever advice informed the original priest, the Home Secretary will be immediately intelligent to review it in light of later incidents. ,

ALSO READ  TCE claims that people took 'bags and bags' of postal votes at polling station

He had earlier warned that the ban took the risk of becoming a “mistake of pole tax ratio” – a reference to Margaret Thatcher’s unpopular policy that triggers civil disobedience and riots.

Mr. Cob said that two police officers attended his address a week ago, but he was on leave. She told her housewife that there was nothing to worry about. He was still in bed when he returned at 7 am on Wednesday. When her housewife responded to the door, he said, he was surrounded by inside and exploded in his bedroom, where he was arrested and handcuffed. The officials also seized his mobile phone.

“I heard the answer to the door to my housewife, then shouting something, then running with the stairs and screaming my housewife ‘I am sorry, mat’, then she came to my room and told me that I was subject to arrest and to put my hands where they could see them. Then they put me in handcuffs.”

He was taken to a police station in the lecester, where he was placed in a holding cell before he was discovered, was photographed, swab for DNA and took his fingers.

Earlier this month, more than 500 people were arrested in the Parliament class to support Palestine's action that supported Palestine's action.

Earlier this month, more than 500 people were arrested in the Parliament class to support Palestine’s action that supported Palestine’s action. ,AFP/Getty,

In a police interview, the officers who showed Mr. Cob a series of Facebook posts said that he was investigating to support an accused terrorist organization. About six hours of custody was released at around 1 pm, under investigation.

Mr. Kob described the decision to ban the group as a “terrible development”, which he hopes that when the founder of Palestine Action Huda Ammori brings a judicial review in this autumn, it will be overturned.

ALSO READ  How is Britain's pension predicted with other countries?

“It is a matter of human rights – not only the right of free speech but also in the rights of Palestinians,” he said. “The protest is a terrible development by banning the group to respond to this protest for the government.”

They told Independent: “If they are going to prosecute non -violent people to protest against mass murder, they are tyrannical.”

Home Secretary Yvet Cooper has defended the decision to ban Palestine action

Home Secretary Yvet Cooper has defended the decision to ban Palestine action ,Country,

The Home Secretary has continued to defend the direct-action group’s prosecution, claiming that an assessment has found evidence of “ideas for further attacks”, which cannot be reported due to the ongoing legal proceedings.

“Many people may not yet know the reality of this organization, but the assessments are very clear-it is not a non-violent organization,” said Yatew Cooper. “UK National Security and Public Safety should always be our top priority.”

A Lessestershire police spokesperson said: “On Wednesday 20 August, the police made a pre -planned arrest in Hinkle as part of an ongoing investigation in Lessestershire. A man has been arrested on suspicion of support under Section 12 (1A) of Terrorism.

By Web Desk

Web Desk is a dedicated team of authors and editors working for the website thelocalreport.in. This team is responsible for the daily editing and writing of articles, ensuring a steady flow of content that engages readers and keeps them informed. Their efforts contribute to the website's mission of delivering timely news and insightful commentary on various topics.

Related Post