WASHINGTON, Nov 20 – Live Nation (LYV.N) and its subsidiary Ticketmaster is being sent a subpoena for documents regarding ticket pricing, fees and secondary sales, a U.S. Senate panel said on Monday.
Ticketmaster, which for decades has been criticized for hardball tactics and high prices, took a new round of rhetorical beatings around this time last year after botched ticket sales for Taylor Swift’s “Eras” tour.
“Live Nation has egregiously stonewalled my Subcommittee’s inquiry into its abusive consumer practices — making the subpoena necessary,” Senator Richard Blumenthal, Democratic chair of the U.S. Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, said in a statement.
In a cover letter that accompanied the subpoena, Blumenthal said Live Nation had failed to fully comply with document requests sent in March. The letter was dated Nov 16.
A Live Nation spokesperson said the company had provided “extensive information” to the subcommittee and met with staff several times.
“In order to provide additional information requested about artist and client compensation and other similarly sensitive matters, we’ve asked for standard confidentiality measures. Thus far the Subcommittee has refused to provide such assurances, but if and when those protections are in place we will provide additional information on these issues,” the spokesperson said.
The subpoena would require the company to turn over internal documents and communications related to ticket prices, annual financial data regarding fees, the ticket resale business as well as its relationship with artists and venues.
Reporting by Diane Bartz; Editing by Lisa Shumaker and David Gregorio
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
The post Live Nation issued subpoena regarding ticketing, fees by US Senate panel appeared first on Reuters.
- India to Witness 42 Crore Air Travelers by 2030, Confirms Aviation Minister
- Make roti by mixing 1 spoon of this spice in millet flour, uric acid will be controlled in 15 days.
- Pakistan’s Tour Goes From Bad To Worse As Ex-Captain, Junior Argue. Watch | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- Julia Roberts breaks silence on ex-BF Matthew Perry’s ‘heartbreaking’ death
- “40 Km Everyday On Bicycle”: This Student-Turned-Food Delivery Agent’s Story Melts Hearts On Internet
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News
- Little Pine Menu and Prices
- This Hotter RS6 Avant Will Be The Ultimate Audi Wagon In The ICE Era
- A man was stealing python eggs when the ferocious creature attacked him fiercely.
- Did you know Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal was shot at brother-in-law Saif Ali Khan’s Pataudi Palace? Pics inside