Engine swaps aren’t exactly rare in the BMW community. We’ve seen plenty of I6, V8, and even V10 installs, and we know how much the purists love a Bimmer with a Chevy LS small block under the hood. The one featured in this video is all BMW, and it’s especially neat considering the size of the mill versus the car it ended up in.
The E46 M3 isn’t a slow car by any means. It has a 3.2-liter inline-six engine – the final evolution of the S50 motor – generating 338 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque. Back in the day, it was available with either a six-speed manual gearbox or the infamous six-speed automated manual transmission by Getrag. It’s as revered now as it was coveted when new, but with so many more powerful engines floating around, why not add a few more hp (and cylinders) for some track day fun?
That is exactly what the owner featured in this video did with his black M3. The straight-six is gone, replaced by a 5.0-liter V10 pulled from an E60 M5. As a reminder, that is BMW’s first and only production V10 to date and in this application, it delivers 500 hp and 384 lb-ft of torque in factory form. Arguably the best part of the equation is that the unit is linked to an E92-sourced dual-clutch transmission.
A few small mods, including a new engine map, result in an output of around 520 hp for this particular M3. After a brief introduction, the black coupe is taken for a lap around the Nurburgring. And dare we say, right from the very beginning, it’s a completely insane ride. In addition to being very fast – we can see it overtake some notable performance cars with ease – it also sounds absolutely incredible.
This isn’t the first BMW V10 project we’ve seen. Lest we forget the row-your-own M5 wagon, boasting the 10-lung engine with a manual gearbox. And in November 2022 there was a beautiful M3 (E30) with an upgraded 625-hp version of the M5’s V10.
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- Julia Roberts breaks silence on ex-BF Matthew Perry’s ‘heartbreaking’ death
- “40 Km Everyday On Bicycle”: This Student-Turned-Food Delivery Agent’s Story Melts Hearts On Internet
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News
- Little Pine Menu and Prices
- This Hotter RS6 Avant Will Be The Ultimate Audi Wagon In The ICE Era
- A man was stealing python eggs when the ferocious creature attacked him fiercely.
- Did you know Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal was shot at brother-in-law Saif Ali Khan’s Pataudi Palace? Pics inside
- Hardik Pandya Is “Rare Talent, He Is Rarely Seen On Ground”: Ex-India Star’s Epic Trolling Of All-rounder | Cricket News
- Top 7 Excellent Restaurants In Bath: Best Places To Eat
- Royal Enfield Launches Reown Initiative, Pre-Owned Bike Programe, Check Details