John Cleese has admitted he was left laughing till he hurt during the coronation of King Charles.
The Monty Python star compared the historic event to one of the iconic comedy troupe’s famous sketches as he confessed the regal costumes had him in hysterics back in May.
‘When I was younger, I used to laugh until it hurt,’ he explained on The Dinosaur Hour on GB News.
‘I had that recently watching the Coronation. I watched it with my wife. She always watches television in bed with lots of cats around. ‘I watched it and thought, “This is a Python sketch. People in silly costumes taking something seriously”.
‘I laughed until I hurt. I hadn’t done that for about 30 years. I’m glad I wasn’t in the cathedral.’
He made the revelation during a chat with comedian Rob Schneider, who agreed that it was a ‘very silly’ scene as he described the king’s crown as a ‘popcorn hat’.
‘Bless them,’ he said. ‘Then there are naughty people like me who think it’s funny.’
He insisted it’s the ‘sweetest laughter of all’, when you want to giggle but you’re ‘not allowed to laugh’.
The conversation was part of Cleese’s show The Dinosaur Hour, and the host – who has been criticised in some quarters for joining the controversial news channel and for taking aim at so-called ‘woke politics’ – previously admitted it was a struggle booking guests.
‘Most people are frightened of getting fired and the people who employ them are frightened of getting fired and that end of woke is not very nice,’ he suggested.
He added: ‘You’ve got to have celebrities to get people to turn on but then you can interview people who are really interesting. And a lot of celebrities aren’t interesting at all.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- Julia Roberts breaks silence on ex-BF Matthew Perry’s ‘heartbreaking’ death
- “40 Km Everyday On Bicycle”: This Student-Turned-Food Delivery Agent’s Story Melts Hearts On Internet
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News
- Little Pine Menu and Prices
- This Hotter RS6 Avant Will Be The Ultimate Audi Wagon In The ICE Era
- A man was stealing python eggs when the ferocious creature attacked him fiercely.
- Did you know Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal was shot at brother-in-law Saif Ali Khan’s Pataudi Palace? Pics inside
- Hardik Pandya Is “Rare Talent, He Is Rarely Seen On Ground”: Ex-India Star’s Epic Trolling Of All-rounder | Cricket News
- Top 7 Excellent Restaurants In Bath: Best Places To Eat
- Royal Enfield Launches Reown Initiative, Pre-Owned Bike Programe, Check Details
- Nepal Urges Russia Not To Recruit Its Citizens Into Army After 6 Killed
- Eat this one thing every day mixed with honey, in 15 days the glasses you have been wearing for years will come off, your eyesight will improve.
- Amid Row With David Warner, Mitchell Johnson Hits Out At Australia Selector For ‘Disgusting’ Dig On His Mental Health | Cricket News