Dhami said he had spoken to Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the men, adding Modi told him it had to be their “top priority” to get the workers out.
Engineers had been trying to horizontally drive a steel pipe just wide enough for the increasingly desperate men through at least 57m of earth and rock that block their escape.
But the giant earth-boring machine they were using ran into boulders it could not get through.
Drilling on that route was paused on Friday after a cracking sound created a “panic situation”, officials said.
Rescue teams are now preparing two new approaches to reach the men.
One is drilling a vertical shaft down from the forested hill above, forcing workers to cut an entirely new track to the top for the heavy equipment needed.
Officials estimated the proposed vertical shaft would need to be 89m deep, a potentially complex dig above the men in an area that has already suffered a collapse.
The other is to approach from the far side of the road tunnel, a far longer route of more than 450m, according to Indian media reports.
The tube used to deliver supplies to the men was successfully widened on Monday with the installation of a 15cm pipe, through which the camera was sent down.
It is hoped that a drone can also be sent down to assess the stability of the area where the men are trapped.
Hot meals were also delivered through the new pipe for the first time.
“We have sent 24 bottles with meals and bananas to the trapped workers,” top local civil servant Abhishek Ruhela told AFP.
Experts have warned about the impact of extensive construction in Uttarakhand, where large parts of the state are prone to landslides.
The planned 4.5km tunnel is part of Modi’s infrastructure plans aimed at cutting travel times between some of the most popular Hindu sites in the country, as well as improving access to strategic areas bordering rival China.
Foreign experts have been drafted in, including Australian independent disaster investigator Arnold Dix, president of the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association.
“Those 41 men are coming home,” Dix told the Press Trust of India news agency. “Exactly when? Not sure.”
- These are the top 5 deals on branded men’s wallet available on Amazon, up to 80% discount is available.
- India Aim For Better Returns Against England In Women’s T20I Series | Cricket News
- Maria Martin Pdeath Cause And Obituary : Groundbreaking Journalist Of Usa Died At 72
- Deepika Padukone as Squadron leader Minal Rathore in Hrithik Roshan’s Fighter | Check out intense poster | Bollywood News
- “Thought It Was An iPhone”: Thieves Return Stolen Android Phone To Shocked US Couple
- KCR had set out to win India, ‘Haath’ snatched his place
- “Didn’t Remove Virat Kohli From Captaincy”: Former BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, Says “He Wasn’t…” | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In New Orleans, Louisiana: Best Places To Stay
- US Army Officer Breaks Guinness World Record For Burpee Pull-Ups
- India to Witness 42 Crore Air Travelers by 2030, Confirms Aviation Minister
- Make roti by mixing 1 spoon of this spice in millet flour, uric acid will be controlled in 15 days.
- Pakistan’s Tour Goes From Bad To Worse As Ex-Captain, Junior Argue. Watch | Cricket News
- Sam Bahadur box office collection day 4: Vicky Kaushal film stays steady on first Monday, mints ₹3.5 cr
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket