A day after his upcoming assignment at Microsoft made headlines, OpenAI co-founder Sam Altman said his colleagues at the company that fired him days back have been doing an “incredible job” that will “be in the history books”.
He said he is “incredibly proud of them” and excited that they are going to work together “some way or other”. “One team, one mission,” he said in a post on X.
the openai leadership team, particularly mira brad and jason but really all of them, have been doing an incredible job through this that will be in the history books.
incredibly proud of them.— Sam Altman (@sama) November 20, 2023
“The openai leadership team, particularly mira brad and jason but really all of them, have been doing an incredible job through this that will be in the history books. incredibly proud of them,” Altman posted on X.
we have more unity and commitment and focus than ever before.
we are all going to work together some way or other, and i’m so excited.
one team, one mission.— Sam Altman (@sama) November 20, 2023
Altman, former CEO of OpenAI that created the revolutionary ChatGPT, is joining Microsoft with former OpenAI president Greg Brockman to lead a new team for advanced research in Artificial Intelligence, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella announced yesterday.
Microsoft is OpenAI’s largest shareholder and has reportedly invested more than $13 billion in the organisation.
satya and my top priority remains to ensure openai continues to thrive
we are committed to fully providing continuity of operations to our partners and customers
the openai/microsoft partnership makes this very doable— Sam Altman (@sama) November 20, 2023
“Satya and my top priority remains to ensure openai continues to thrive. We are committed to fully providing continuity of operations to our partners and customers. The openai/microsoft partnership makes this very doable,” Altman posted on X.
Nadella’s announcement about Altman coming on board followed high drama that started with the surprise sacking of the OpenAI co-founder. He was fired over a Google Meet call Friday, according to a post on X by Brockman. The next day, Brockman was told over a separate Google Meet call that he was being removed from the board but would retain his role because he was “vital to the company”.
Both decisions, Brockman said in his post, were conveyed by Ilya Sutskever, co-founder and Chief Scientist at OpenAI. “Sam and I are shocked and saddened by what the board did today,” Brockman said in his post Saturday.
A statement from Microsoft-backed OpenAI said Altman’s departure follows a “deliberative review process by the board, which concluded that he was not consistently candid in his communications with the board, hindering its ability to exercise its responsibilities”. “The board no longer has confidence in his ability to continue leading OpenAI,” the statement added.
The move sent shockwaves through the tech industry. Soon after, US media reports claimed that major investors in OpenAI wanted Altman to return and had started efforts to reach out to him. The attempts to bring him back, reports said, hit a roadblock after Altman demanded sweeping changes, including the removal of current board members, as a condition to return.
According to a Reuters report, OpenAI’s staff has threatened to quit and join Altman at Microsoft’s new division unless the board resigns.
Apart from Chief Technology Officer Mira Murati, Chief Data Scientist Ilya Sutskever, and Chief Operating Officer Brad Lightcap, about 500 staff members said they would resign, the report said.
- Apple Warns India’s EU-style Charger Rules Will Hit Local Production Target
- Newlywed Bride Killed By Shark While Paddleboarding In Bahamas A Day After Her Wedding
- Portable blenders are a kitchen necessity, Amazon is offering up to 75% discount on them.
- Shikhar Dhawan Turns 38: Reliving The Career Highlights Of Indian Team’s ‘Gabbar’ | Cricket News
- Buffalo Wild Wings Breakfast Menu Prices & Hours
- Gautam Adani’s Wealth Soars By $10 Bn In A Week, Takes 16th Rank In Global Rich List
- GTA 6 trailer gets over 59m views in 12 hours, here’s what you may have missed
- Chilling footage shows Florida honors student lurking over mom’s bed moments before he allegedly stabbed her to death
- These are the top 5 deals on branded men’s wallet available on Amazon, up to 80% discount is available.
- India Aim For Better Returns Against England In Women’s T20I Series | Cricket News
- Maria Martin Pdeath Cause And Obituary : Groundbreaking Journalist Of Usa Died At 72
- Deepika Padukone as Squadron leader Minal Rathore in Hrithik Roshan’s Fighter | Check out intense poster | Bollywood News
- “Thought It Was An iPhone”: Thieves Return Stolen Android Phone To Shocked US Couple
- KCR had set out to win India, ‘Haath’ snatched his place
- “Didn’t Remove Virat Kohli From Captaincy”: Former BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, Says “He Wasn’t…” | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In New Orleans, Louisiana: Best Places To Stay
- US Army Officer Breaks Guinness World Record For Burpee Pull-Ups
- India to Witness 42 Crore Air Travelers by 2030, Confirms Aviation Minister
- Make roti by mixing 1 spoon of this spice in millet flour, uric acid will be controlled in 15 days.
- Pakistan’s Tour Goes From Bad To Worse As Ex-Captain, Junior Argue. Watch | Cricket News
- Sam Bahadur box office collection day 4: Vicky Kaushal film stays steady on first Monday, mints ₹3.5 cr
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week