The pie, which costs £3 for a pack of two weighing 400g, is filled with an entire Christmas dinner of turkey, sprouts, cranberries, smoked bacon, peas, carrots, stuffing and a pig in blanket, all wrapped in shortcrust pastry and topped with a puff pastry lid.
Iceland last sold the pie four years ago before announcing its return to shelves this festive season due to ‘popular demand’.
Andrew Staniland, group buying director at Iceland Foods and The Food Warehouse, said: ‘Since we launched the Festive Pie in 2019, we have been inundated with customers asking for its return, so we’re delighted to bring it back this year.
‘An entire Christmas dinner encased in puff pastry. What’s not to love? Perfect for those who want an alternative value Christmas dinner, we are already seeing shoppers stock up.’
The move comes after Iceland claims a growing number of consumers are searching for alternatives to the traditional festive meal.
A survey for the supermarket last month found almost half of consumers (48%) are worried about affording food shops this Christmas.
Two-thirds (67%) are worried about affording a turkey while 31% said they will be inviting fewer people to Christmas dinner due to the cost.
The poll found 65% thought supermarkets should be doing more to support customers this Christmas, with 64% wanting to see discounts and offers, and 40% agreeing that bonus card and savings point schemes would help to relieve the season’s financial pressures.
Their concerns come as households are set to learn on Thursday that their energy bills will rise again from January as hopes for relief from the cost-of-living crisis are put on hold.
According to the most recent Barclays spending report, 36% of consumers expect this Christmas will be more expensive than the last and 21% are concerned about keeping up with costs during the festive period.
Some 37% say they expect to spend less on Christmas gifts this year, just 13% anticipate spending more and 18% have started buying presents to spread out the cost, while 14% have spoken to loved ones to make a mutual agreement to cut back on gift-giving.
Censuswide surveyed 2,000 UK adults for Iceland between October 30 and November 1.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more stories like this, check our news page.
Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
For extra such articles and information, do secured our thelocalreport.in WhatsApp Group. You'll additionally tied with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for extra in regards to the car international!
- Make roti by mixing 1 spoon of this spice in millet flour, uric acid will be controlled in 15 days.
- Pakistan’s Tour Goes From Bad To Worse As Ex-Captain, Junior Argue. Watch | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- Julia Roberts breaks silence on ex-BF Matthew Perry’s ‘heartbreaking’ death
- “40 Km Everyday On Bicycle”: This Student-Turned-Food Delivery Agent’s Story Melts Hearts On Internet
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News
- Little Pine Menu and Prices
- This Hotter RS6 Avant Will Be The Ultimate Audi Wagon In The ICE Era
- A man was stealing python eggs when the ferocious creature attacked him fiercely.
- Did you know Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal was shot at brother-in-law Saif Ali Khan’s Pataudi Palace? Pics inside
- Spanish Woman Chokes On Food, Then Swallows Toothbrush In Bizarre Near-Death Incident