The Mar-a-Lago meeting comes days after Johnson told CNBC in an interview that he is “all in for President Trump,” who is leading in the polls in the GOP presidential primary.
“I have endorsed him wholeheartedly,” the Louisiana Republican said last week.
By endorsing Trump, Johnson broke with his predecessor, Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., who declined to back a candidate in the GOP primary while serving as speaker earlier this year. Congressional party leaders often refrain from endorsing a candidate until a presumptive nominee is established.
Trump appeared to boost Johnson’s bid for speaker in a post on Truth Social last month, writing, “My strong SUGGESTION is to go with the leading candidate, Mike Johnson, & GET IT DONE, FAST!”
In 2020, Johnson led an amicus brief that was signed by 100 Republicans in support of a Texas lawsuit seeking to invalidate election results in four battleground states won by President Joe Biden.
The New York Times reported last week that years before supporting Trump, Johnson had written in a Facebook post in 2015 that he believed Trump “lacks the character and the moral center we desperately need again in the White House,” and suggested that his hotheadedness “is a dangerous trait to have in a Commander in Chief.”
The post House Speaker Mike Johnson meets with Trump after giving 2024 endorsement appeared first on NBC News.
- KCR had set out to win India, ‘Haath’ snatched his place
- “Didn’t Remove Virat Kohli From Captaincy”: Former BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, Says “He Wasn’t…” | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In New Orleans, Louisiana: Best Places To Stay
- India to Witness 42 Crore Air Travelers by 2030, Confirms Aviation Minister
- Make roti by mixing 1 spoon of this spice in millet flour, uric acid will be controlled in 15 days.
- Pakistan’s Tour Goes From Bad To Worse As Ex-Captain, Junior Argue. Watch | Cricket News
- Sam Bahadur box office collection day 4: Vicky Kaushal film stays steady on first Monday, mints ₹3.5 cr
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- Julia Roberts breaks silence on ex-BF Matthew Perry’s ‘heartbreaking’ death
- “40 Km Everyday On Bicycle”: This Student-Turned-Food Delivery Agent’s Story Melts Hearts On Internet
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News