US Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy and his wife recently shared how they met and fell in love during a campaign in Iowa. He took to X, formerly Twitter, and posted a video in which the two of them are seen narrating their love story. Mr Ramaswamy’s wife, Apoorva said that they met at a college party and “he was not that interested”.
In the video, Apoorva said, “I was in my first week of med school and Vivek was a law student there. It was a party, probably, the last party I went to. I saw Vivek there and he seemed the most interesting person in the room. So, I went up and introduced myself to him.” The crowd laughed hearing this. She further added that when Mr Ramaswamy introduced himself, she “unfortunately” told him that she met another Vivek in medical school.
Voters in Iowa want to know the story how Apoorva and I met. Here’s how. 😉— Vivek Ramaswamy (@VivekGRamaswamy) November 19, 2023
📍 Osceola, IA pic.twitter.com/N7duPToNlO
“He was not that interested, he actually walked away,” Apoorva added. “Later that night, we ran into each other again. We realised how much we have in common, how much we shared, and the fact that we were neighbours. Here we are, we’ve been together ever since,” she continued.
Vivek continued by saying that his parents had always taught him that “who you marry matters,” and they would do the same for their own kids. Neither of us grew up in economic privilege,” Mr Ramaswamy said, adding that they did not grow up in poverty either. He continued, “But we had the ultimate privilege of having two parents in the house, instilling in us a focus on education, the belief in God – and we are trying to give our two sons that same upbringing now in Ohio. But I see no reason why every kid in this country shouldn’t at least have a chance to enjoy that privilege too, and I think that’s part of the example we want to set as a family in the White House.”
Notably, 38-year-old Vivek Ramaswamy is a native of southwest Ohio. His mother was a geriatric psychiatrist and his father worked as an engineer at General Electric. His parents migrated to the US from Kerala.
Vivek Ramaswamy’s campaign has gained attention, and he has risen in GOP primary polls, although he still trails behind Trump and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in support.
The next US presidential election is scheduled for November 5, 2024.
- Scheduling issues have cheapened India vs Australia T20I series, says Michael Hussey | Cricket News
- “Very Common Phenomenon”: China Amid Surge In Respiratory Illnesses
- Chandigarh: Woman arrested for placing webcam in bathroom of PG | Crime News
- India Must Take “Canada’s Allegations Seriously”: Trudeau After US Case
- India backs UN resolution calling upon Israel to withdraw from Golan Heights | India News
- How to stream Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour film online in December | Hollywood News
- PTSD risk hovers of Uttarkashi tunnel survivors, mental health therapist shares tips to deal with it | Mental Health News
- Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 30 November 2023 Virgo horoscope reading with Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs | Astrology News
- 4 DIY facials for grooms before marriage | Beauty Tips News
- Man pays with life after he records thieves stealing a coconut in Navi Mumbai | Crime News
- Is Animal 2 in the pipeline? Producer Bhushan Kumar drops exciting hint | Bollywood News
- How sniffer dog ‘Leo’ took just 90 minutes to find 6-year-old kidnapped boy in Mumbai | Crime News
- 2025 Chevrolet Suburban And Tahoe Get 17.7-Inch Touchscreen, Stronger Diesel
- Dinesh Karthik shines as TN beat Baroda in Vijay Hazare Trophy | Cricket News
- Rahu Kaal on 30 November 2023: Delhi, Mumbai, Surat, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, and other cities | Astrology News
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO Allotment Finalised: Check GMP, Allotment Status
- AB de Villiers raises concern after RCB releases Hasaranga, Patel and Hazlewood | Cricket News
- “Very Exciting”: In A First, Newborn Star’s Spinning Disk Seen In Another Galaxy
- Zomato Rises 4% After 3 Million Shares Change Hands Via Block Deal; Key Points
- US Files Charges Against Indian Man For Alleged Bid To Kill Khalistani Terrorist
- Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2023-24: Complete schedule, teams, live streaming details and all you need to know | Kabaddi News
- Disclaimer On YouTube For Altered Content: Google Moves To Curb Deepfakes
- Sebi Proposes Changes In Regulatory Framework For Special Situation Funds