We have spent the past nine months trying to work out who is going to end up dead on the floor on Christmas day in EastEnders this year, and now it seems that one of our most likely suspects will live to tell the tale.
Ever since the flash forward episode aired in February and showed The Six gather around a dead body, we have had several potential victims in mind.
One name that has popped up regularly since that fateful episode is Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden), though it seems that we may have been barking up the wrong tree.
New pictures obtained by Metro.co.uk have shown cast members filming for the funeral of Aunt Sal. With the Christmas episodes having already been filmed, we know that this funeral is set to take place in the new year, meaning that the murder will have already happened.
So, imagine our shock to see that Phil Mitchell is in attendance at the funeral!
Phil has been at the centre of countless fan theories about who the body could be, and the fact that he is the character in the show that is currently in possession of the dreaded cufflinks doesn’t bode well.
However, we have seen the cufflinks passed around several times already, so we’re already anticipating them swapping hands countless more before the big day.
The cufflinks weren’t the only clue that suggested he may die though, as many fans pointed out that he is the one character with the most connections to The Six, having been married to Kathy Beale (Gillian Taylforth) and Sharon Watts (Letitia Dean), shared a child with Denise Fox (Diane Parish), been attacked by Stacey Slater (Lacey Turner), done business with Suki Panesar (Balvinder Sopal) and sold the Queen Vic to Linda Carter (Kellie Bright).
Pair this with the fact that wife Kat Slater uttered the phrase ‘Who knows what will be this time next year?’ and the fact that actor Steve is heading off to do panto this Christmas, and the clues to his exit were stacking up.
But with Phil now out of the running, it seems we will have to look elsewhere.
While we haven’t entirely ruled out EastEnders bringing back Steve McFadden while filming on location just to throw us off the scent, there are still a huge number of suspects that could be found dead on Christmas day.
Follow Metro Soaps on WhatsApp to get all the latest spoilers first
Want to be the first to hear shocking EastEnders spoilers? Who’s leaving Coronation Street? The latest gossip from Emmerdale?
Metro.co.uk is now on WhatsApp sending all the latest updates and trending stories straight to your phone so you never miss a storyline again.
Simply click on this link, select ‘Join Chat’ and you’re in! Don’t forget to turn on notifications so you can see when we’ve just dropped the latest spoilers!
Rapist Dean Wicks (Matt Di Angelo) has returned to the Square and is causing trouble for everyone, and with Kathy having promised Linda that she would have a ‘wall of friends’ to protect her from him, things aren’t looking good for him.
Elsewhere, Keanu Taylor (Danny Walters) has been playing with fire after staging Albie’s kidnap, and with Sharon having recently discovered that he isn’t actually the father, it is surely only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose.
Rocky Cotton (Brian Conley) is another character who has been playing with fire, but literally in this case. Having burnt down Kathy’s beloved café and hospitalised both of her grandsons, we can’t imagine that Kathy will take this well if she ever found out. Not to mention that Nish Panesar (Navin Chowdhry) is now sniffing around in the ashes hoping to scoop up the site for a low price.
Speaking of Nish, he is another character that many suspect will end up dead, following his cruel treatment of Suki. With producer Chris Clenshaw having confirmed that Suki and Eve’s affair is set to be exposed, could he lash out again and secure his spot on the Queen Vic floor?
On top of them, there is still Theo Hawthorne (William Ellis), Ravi Gulati (Aaron Thiara), Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt), Jack Branning (Scott Maslen), Alfie Moon (Shane Richie) and Martin Fowler (James Bye) to consider, given that all of them were spotted wearing the dreaded cufflinks during a stunt at the National Television Awards.
Basically, it could still be anyone!
The Soaps Newsletter
- Tecno Spark Go 2024 with expandable notch, dual DTS speakers to launch in India soon | Mobile Phone News
- Man gets stuck between train, platform at Delhi’s Qutub Minar metro station, horrific video surfaces | India News
- Jeevan Utsav: Know about LIC’s new scheme that comes with mandatory survival benefit | Utility News
- ‘Animal’ director Sandeep Reddy Vanga breaks silence on Rahsmika’s viral teeth-clenching scene | Bollywood News
- Looking to put in place administrative machinery to deal with hate speeches; can’t deal with individual cases: Supreme Court | India News
- Ford Maverick Spy Shots Suggest High-Performance Model On The Way
- SSC Delhi Police Head Constable Ministerial skill test 2023 result declared; How to check | Exam Results News
- Will Never Sit Face-To-Face With US For Sovereignty Negotiations: North Korea
- Lung cancer: Expert says most suitable treatment depends on stage of disease, know treatment options | Health News
- India saw extreme weather events almost every day in first 9 months this year, 2923 killed: Report | India News
- SSC JE 2023 final answer key released at ssc.nic.in; How to check | Jobs News
- Delhi Excise Policy: Manish Sisodia approaches Supreme Court for review of its order denying him bail in CBI, ED cases | India News
- Scheduling issues have cheapened India vs Australia T20I series, says Michael Hussey | Cricket News
- “Very Common Phenomenon”: China Amid Surge In Respiratory Illnesses
- Chandigarh: Woman arrested for placing webcam in bathroom of PG | Crime News
- India Must Take “Canada’s Allegations Seriously”: Trudeau After US Case
- India backs UN resolution calling upon Israel to withdraw from Golan Heights | India News
- How to stream Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour film online in December | Hollywood News
- PTSD risk hovers of Uttarkashi tunnel survivors, mental health therapist shares tips to deal with it | Mental Health News
- Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 30 November 2023 Virgo horoscope reading with Cancer, Leo and other zodiac signs | Astrology News
- 4 DIY facials for grooms before marriage | Beauty Tips News
- Man pays with life after he records thieves stealing a coconut in Navi Mumbai | Crime News
- Is Animal 2 in the pipeline? Producer Bhushan Kumar drops exciting hint | Bollywood News