JAMMU: Director General of Police (DGP), Jammu and Kashmir Police, RR Swain has laid emphasis on promotion of data and technology in the policing.
“There is a strong need for promoting data and technology in the policing of Jammu and Kashmir. And to make this happen, officers need to attend courses in different states to see what best practices have been implemented by them,” the DGP said while interacting with senior police officers here.
He particularly stressed on knowing from other states about how they have made progress in the implementation of the CCTNS project.
The DGP also directed for revamping of Telecom wing and utilizing its services for leveraging CCTNS technology. Besides, the use of technology for effective enforcement of traffic was also discussed.
He also directed the District Police for assisting the Traffic Police by establishing special nakas at priority areas at suitable timings.
The top cop also asked for fixing responsibility up to the last man, and also giving juniors the required authority and resources, condoning honest mistakes, and taking action against the incorrigible personnel.
The DGP also emphasized upon the officers to fix the responsibilities up to the last man but simultaneously ensure that before holding responsible the official has the critical minimum authority and resources to be able to do justice to his assigned duties.
Emphasizing upon genuine grievances redressal of employees, the DGP said that identification and possible solution to the issues of subordinates be discussed, higher ups ensure correct assessment, and juniors encouraged to speak truthfully about their problems.
He said that no one should be afraid of “honest mistakes” because only those who walk or run would trip.
Discussing the welfare of the retired police personnel, the DGP stressed for institutionalizing the system and directed that senior most officers in the District of SP/ASP rank must interact with the retired police officials in a month.
He also directed that a brochure be designed that lists all the benefits that will accrue to retiree officers including retirement gift, GP fund progress, terminal illness benefits adding that every police station to have ready list of retired police officers.
He said that good work by the personnel will be duly rewarded and adequate resources will be kept at the disposal of the jurisdictional officers.
- Woman’s body found stuffed in trash compactor at tony NYC building: NYPD
- ‘George Santos’ review: 4 stars for disgraced, hilarious former NY congressman
- Bus driver who passed out behind the wheel from weed gummies gets probation
- ‘Healer’ charged in death of grandmother at slapping therapy workshop
- Sen. Bob Menendez ‘much more sinister’ than George Santos: Fetterman
- Ford Recalls 45K Cars Because The Doors Might Fly Open While Driving
- Olympic gold medal swimmer Klete Keller sentenced for role in Capitol riot
- Bigg Boss 17 Shukravaar ka Vaar: Karan Johar serves spicy Koffee for Abhishek, Ankita and Mannara | Bigg Boss News
- Derek Chauvin was stabbed 22 times by federal inmate as new details of prison attack emerge
- Mizoram Assembly Polls 2023: Election Commission revises counting date to December 4 | Mizoram Assembly Election News
- ‘Missing’ Botticelli painting worth $109M found in Italian family’s home
- SC extends interim protection from arrest to 4 journalists summoned by Gujarat Police in connection with articles on Adani Group | India News
- Four Hamas hostages — from elderly grandfather to female kindergarten teacher — die in captivity: Israel
- Turn Your Classic Mercedes 280SL Into A Gorgeous EV For $135K
- India vs Australia, 4th T20I: Ruturaj Gaikwad surpasses KL Rahul to achieve massive feat | Cricket News
- Paraguayan gov official duped into signing ‘proclamation’ with a fake country led by fugitive ‘guru’
- Animal SPOILER ALERT: Sandeep Reddy Vanga teases sequel to Ranbir Kapoor starrer with post-credits scene | Bollywood News
- Brian Laundrie retained high-powered defense team 9 days before Gabby Petito reported missing: lawsuit
- Karnataka High Court initiates suo motu case on police assault on lawyer in Chikkamagaluru | India News
- North Carolina Democrats deny Jewish Caucus formal recognition
- ‘Here we go again’: Yuzvendra Chahal expresses happiness after making ODI comeback for South Africa tour | Cricket News
- Russia Says Army Progressing In All Areas Of Ukraine Front As War Rages
- Bigg Boss 17: Sunny Tehelka kicked out of the house owning to physical violence against Abhishek Kumar | Bigg Boss News
- Man missing for three months is found dead — in his own well: ‘Something’s down there’