A 23-year-old man allegedly died by suicide in West Bengal’s Bankura district after India lost the World Cup final to Australia, his family said. The incident happened around 11 pm on Sunday near the Cinema Hall in Beliatore police station area, police said.
Rahul Lohar used to work at a clothing store in the area, and he took a leave on Sunday to watch the final match. Heartbroken by India’s loss to Australia, he died by suicide in his room, his brother-in-law Uttam Sur said. Otherwise, there were no such problems in his life, he claimed.
His body was sent to the Bankura Sammilani Medical College and Hospital on Monday morning for post-mortem examination, police said, adding that a case of unnatural death was registered.
There was no one in the house when the incident happened, they said.
Police said that an investigation was underway, refusing to comment on the reason for the death.
India lost the World Cup title clash to Australia by six wickets, in Ahmedabad on Sunday.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Vladimir Putin To Visit UAE, Saudi, Host Iran President This Week
- Taxi driver tramples pigeons sitting on road, says road is for humans
- Another ‘Miracle in Melbourne’ or swan song in Paris: What to expect from Rafael Nadal after a long injury layoff
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- Julia Roberts breaks silence on ex-BF Matthew Perry’s ‘heartbreaking’ death
- “40 Km Everyday On Bicycle”: This Student-Turned-Food Delivery Agent’s Story Melts Hearts On Internet
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News
- Little Pine Menu and Prices
- This Hotter RS6 Avant Will Be The Ultimate Audi Wagon In The ICE Era
- A man was stealing python eggs when the ferocious creature attacked him fiercely.
- Did you know Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal was shot at brother-in-law Saif Ali Khan’s Pataudi Palace? Pics inside
- Hardik Pandya Is “Rare Talent, He Is Rarely Seen On Ground”: Ex-India Star’s Epic Trolling Of All-rounder | Cricket News
- Top 7 Excellent Restaurants In Bath: Best Places To Eat
- Royal Enfield Launches Reown Initiative, Pre-Owned Bike Programe, Check Details
- Nepal Urges Russia Not To Recruit Its Citizens Into Army After 6 Killed
- Eat this one thing every day mixed with honey, in 15 days the glasses you have been wearing for years will come off, your eyesight will improve.