26 on ballot, 12 new additions
COOPERSTOWN, NY (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY) — The Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown announced on Monday, November 20 that they have finalized the ballot for their 2024 induction, which will be held Friday through Sunday, July 19-22.
Approximately 400 members of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America will be asked to decide between 26 players, including 12 new additions.
In all, three former Mets and one former Yankees player made the cut for this year’s ballot. It also includes one player who played for both teams: pitcher Bartolo Colon. Those former Yankees and Mets are as follows:
- Matt Holliday (Yankees, 2017) — batted a career .299 with 316 home runs with the Cardinals, Yankees, Rockies and A’s. In his one season with the Yankees, Holliday batted .231 with 19 home runs. He was named to the All-Star team seven times in his 15-year career and was a four-time recipient of the Silver Slugger Award.
- Jose Bautista (Mets, 2018) — the batter whose infamous bat flip sparked a brawl between the Blue Jays and the Texas Rangers. Bautista spent 15 years in the major leagues, racking up almost 1,000 RBIs for eight different teams.
- Jose Reyes (Mets, 2003-2011, 2016-2018) — Reyes was a three-time All-Star, winning the National League Batting title in 2011. In 16 seasons with the Mets, Marlins, Rockies and Blue Jays, Reyes racked up over 700 RBI and over 500 stolen bases.
- David Wright (Mets, 2004-2016, 2018) — Played his entire career for the Mets and is one of only four third basemen in Major League history to finish his career with at least 350 doubles, 200 home runs and 150 stolen bases.
- Bartolo Colon (Yankees 2011, Mets 2014-2016) — Pitched for 11 different teams during his career, was an All-Star four times and won the Cy Young Award in 2005. He also on two pennants during his career and reached 15 victories in a season nine times during his 21-year career, winning 20 in a season twice. Mets fans will remember him for hitting the only home run of his career at the age of 43 in 2016.
Others making their first appearance the ballot for 2024 include:
- Pitchers: James Shields
- Infielders: Joe Mauer, Victor Martinez, Adrian Gonzalez, Brandon Phillips, Adrian Beltre, Chase Utley
14 players will remain on the ballot from 2023, as they received more than five percent of the vote from the BBWAA. They are:
- Pitchers: Mark Buehrle, Andy Pettite, Francisco Rodriguez and Billy Wagner
- Infielders: Jimmy Rollins, Alex Rodriguez, Omar Vizquel, and Todd Helton,
- Outfielders: Andruw Jones, Gary Sheffield, Bobby Abreu, Carlos Beltran, Torii Hunter, and Manny Ramirez.
This year will be Sheffield’s last year on the ballot. Last year, he fell well short of the 75% needed for induction, at 55%. If he is not elected on this year’s ballot, he will move to the Contemporary Era Veteran’s Committee, which will meet again in 2026.
Last year, the Hall of Fame only inducted one person: former Phillies third baseman Scott Rolen, who had 76% of the vote.
Results will be announced on Tuesday, January 23 at 6 pm on MLB Network. They will join the inductees from this year’s Contemporary Baseball Era Managers/Executives/Umpires ballot, which will be announced on Sunday, December 3, as well as the Ford C. Frick Award Winner, which will be announced on Wednesday, December 6.
- Spur Steak Ranches Menu and Prices
- Apple Warns India’s EU-style Charger Rules Will Hit Local Production Target
- Newlywed Bride Killed By Shark While Paddleboarding In Bahamas A Day After Her Wedding
- Portable blenders are a kitchen necessity, Amazon is offering up to 75% discount on them.
- Shikhar Dhawan Turns 38: Reliving The Career Highlights Of Indian Team’s ‘Gabbar’ | Cricket News
- Buffalo Wild Wings Breakfast Menu Prices & Hours
- Gautam Adani’s Wealth Soars By $10 Bn In A Week, Takes 16th Rank In Global Rich List
- GTA 6 trailer gets over 59m views in 12 hours, here’s what you may have missed
- Chilling footage shows Florida honors student lurking over mom’s bed moments before he allegedly stabbed her to death
- These are the top 5 deals on branded men’s wallet available on Amazon, up to 80% discount is available.
- India Aim For Better Returns Against England In Women’s T20I Series | Cricket News
- Maria Martin Pdeath Cause And Obituary : Groundbreaking Journalist Of Usa Died At 72
- Deepika Padukone as Squadron leader Minal Rathore in Hrithik Roshan’s Fighter | Check out intense poster | Bollywood News
- “Thought It Was An iPhone”: Thieves Return Stolen Android Phone To Shocked US Couple
- KCR had set out to win India, ‘Haath’ snatched his place
- “Didn’t Remove Virat Kohli From Captaincy”: Former BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, Says “He Wasn’t…” | Cricket News
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In New Orleans, Louisiana: Best Places To Stay
- US Army Officer Breaks Guinness World Record For Burpee Pull-Ups
- India to Witness 42 Crore Air Travelers by 2030, Confirms Aviation Minister
- Make roti by mixing 1 spoon of this spice in millet flour, uric acid will be controlled in 15 days.
- Pakistan’s Tour Goes From Bad To Worse As Ex-Captain, Junior Argue. Watch | Cricket News
- Sam Bahadur box office collection day 4: Vicky Kaushal film stays steady on first Monday, mints ₹3.5 cr
- Top 10 Lavish (Luxury) Hotels In Cambridge, England: Best Places To Stay
- Facebook Shutting Down Accounts But Why?