Employing a C-17 and two C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft, the IAF airlifted 36 tonne of critical equipment on Monday, continuing to lend assistance to efforts being made to rescue workers trapped in a partially collapsed tunnel in Uttarakhand’s Uttarkashi district, officials said.
Rescuers on Monday pushed through a six-inch-wide pipeline through the rubble of the collapsed tunnel, a breakthrough that will help them supply larger quantities of food and possibly allow live visuals of the 41 workers trapped inside for eight days.
So far, a four-inch existing tube was being used to supply oxygen and items like dry fruit and medicines into the section of the tunnel beyond the rubble of the collapsed portion of the under-construction Silkyara tunnel on the Char Dham route in Uttarakhand.
The IAF has been ferrying heavy machineries to aid rescue operations at the tunnel site.
“#IAF assistance for the rescue operations at Uttarkashi continues unabated. Employing a C-17 and two C-130 J aircraft, the IAF airlifted another 36 tonnes of critical equipment today. IAF #HADROps will continue until all the equipment is delivered,” the Indian Air Force posted on X.
#IAF assistance for the rescue operations at Uttarkashi continues unabated.
Employing a C-17 and two C-130 J aircraft, the IAF airlifted another 36 tonnes of critical equipment today.November 20, 2023
It also shared images of some critical equipment being loaded in an IAF aircraft.
IAF officials on Friday had said that a C-17 transport aircraft had been deployed to airlift almost 22 tonne of critical equipment from Indore to Dehradun.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Can We Play Lethal Company on MacBook? Working Methods and Performance
- Gujarat IT/ITeS Policy Aims To Increase Exports To Rs 25,000 Cr In 5 years
- Facial Recognition, Credit Card: UK Regulator’s Tough Measures For Porn Sites To Check Users’ Age
- Rashtriya Rajput Karni Sena President Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi murdered, miscreants entered his house and shot him
- O’Charley’s Menu and Prices
- Domino Effect: How Congress Drubbing Puts Thackeray, Pawar and Pawar on a Sticky Wicket
- Vladimir Putin To Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE Tomorrow: Kremlin
- To avoid cold and cough, consume the juice of this vegetable, know its other benefits.
- “40 Km Everyday On Bicycle”: This Student-Turned-Food Delivery Agent’s Story Melts Hearts On Internet
- Leverage Redemption Season 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- CUSAT stampede: Kerala High Court seeks inquiry report | Kerala News
- Little Pine Menu and Prices
- This Hotter RS6 Avant Will Be The Ultimate Audi Wagon In The ICE Era
- A man was stealing python eggs when the ferocious creature attacked him fiercely.
- Did you know Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal was shot at brother-in-law Saif Ali Khan’s Pataudi Palace? Pics inside
- Hardik Pandya Is “Rare Talent, He Is Rarely Seen On Ground”: Ex-India Star’s Epic Trolling Of All-rounder | Cricket News
- Top 7 Excellent Restaurants In Bath: Best Places To Eat
- Royal Enfield Launches Reown Initiative, Pre-Owned Bike Programe, Check Details
- Nepal Urges Russia Not To Recruit Its Citizens Into Army After 6 Killed
- Eat this one thing every day mixed with honey, in 15 days the glasses you have been wearing for years will come off, your eyesight will improve.
- Amid Row With David Warner, Mitchell Johnson Hits Out At Australia Selector For ‘Disgusting’ Dig On His Mental Health | Cricket News
- Love Has Won Episode 3 Release Date : Recap, Cast, Review, Spoilers, Streaming, Schedule & Where To Watch?
- How GPAI Summit in Delhi will Focus on Deepfake, Reshape Future of AI, NeGD Chief Provides Insights
- Siberia Freezes In Temperatures Below -58 Degrees Celsius