Sources in the Indian Army said on Thursday that India and Pakistan have decided to continue confidence measures to reduce the level of vigilance on the border.
Sources said, “For understanding between two DGMOs on 10 May 2025, it has been decided to continue confidence-making measures to reduce the level of vigilance. As the situation develops further, we will intimate you.”
It follows talks between the Director General of Military Operations (DGMOS) of India and Pakistan on Monday.
Earlier on May 13, sources said that India and Pakistan continue to avoid firing the same shot or starting any aggressive and disqualified action against each other.
Meanwhile, sources also said, after an initial tour of drones in Jammu, Samba, Akhanur and Kathua, the Indian Army confirmed that no drones were detected. The situation of ceasefire prevails.
The Director General of Military Operations (DGMOS) of India and Pakistan held important talks during which neither a single shot will have to be fired or any aggressive action should be initiated during issues related to continuing commitment.
It also agreed that the two sides consider immediate measures to ensure a decrease in troops from borders and further areas.
The Indian Army said, “Issues related to continuing commitment that both sides should not fire a shot or start any aggressive and disqualified action against each other. It also agreed that both sides consider immediate measures to ensure lack of troops from borders and further areas,” the Indian Army said.
DGMO-level talks between the two countries, which were initially slated to be around the afternoon on Monday, were later set for the evening.
The two countries came into an understanding to prevent all firing and military action by the two countries on 10 May by Pakistan’s DGMO for their Indian counterpart, Lt Gen Rajiv Gai.
Lieutenant General Gai, who interacted with the media at a joint press conference on Sunday, said his Pakistan counterpart proposed during a conversation on Saturday that “we stop hostility”.
India launched Operation Sindor in response to the Pahalgam terror attack in which 26 people were killed. More than 100 terrorists died in India’s exact attack in Pakistan and Pojk on 7 May. (AI)