Sun. Aug 31st, 2025


Kyiv:

Ukraine’s Internal Minister Ihor Clemenco said at least 21 people were killed and 83 other northern Ukrainians were injured by a Russian ballistic missile strike in the heart of the city of Sumi.

President Volodimier Zelancesi condemned the attack – one of the most deadly attacks on Ukraine this year – and called for a difficult international response against Moscow.

“Only crooks can only work in this way.” The common people’s life, “he wrote on social media, with a chilling video, which featured corpses on the ground in the middle of the road of a city, a destroyed bus and burnt cars.

“And this is a day when people go to the church: Palm Sunday, the feast of the Lord’s entry into Jerusalem,” Zelanceki said.

Internal Minister Clemenco said The victims were on the roadIn vehicles, public transport and buildings when the strike took place.

“The day of an important church feast, deliberately destroyed the citizens,” he wrote.

Reuters were seeking comments from Russian officials.

Andry Koolanco, a security officer who runs the center for disintegration to the center of Ukraine, said the strike came after a visit to Moscow by American envoy Steve Vitkoff.

“Russia is building all this so -called diplomacy … around the attack on citizens,” they wrote on Telegram.

Vicchoff, a special envoy of US President Donald Trump for Ukraine, spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday in St. Petersburg in search of Ukraine’s peace deal, as Trump asked Russia to “move forward”.

After Sunday’s strike, Zelancesi called the US and Europe to be strict on Russia in response to the description of terrorism.

ALSO READ  American stocks grow after Trump's 90-day break on tariffs for most nations.

“Russia wants this kind of terror and is taking out this war. Within the aggressive, peace is impossible. The talks have never stopped ballistic missiles and air bombs,” he wrote.

Russia began a full -scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022 and is currently about 20% of the country’s region in East and South. Russian forces are slowly moving forward in the late east, although missiles and drone attacks now dominate the war.

The Russian Ministry of Defense said on Saturday that Ukraine had carried out five attacks on the Russian energy infrastructure previous day, stating the US-Bracard adjournment on such attacks.

Ukraine and Russia agreed to stop the attack on each other’s energy facilities last month, but the two sides have repeatedly accused each other of breaking the proof.

(This story is not edited by NDTV employees and auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)


Related Post